Student Loan Scheme 2022, Brief About Student Loan Scheme
The Government of Pakistan is trying to solve the problems of poverty and illiteracy by launching various schemes and programs. One of the recent schemes launched is the Student Loan Scheme 2022.
One of the biggest problems in Pakistan is that people do not have access to education. It is estimated that nearly 15% of the population does not have access to education. This is because they cannot afford the fees or simply don’t have any opportunities to get an education. One of the ways that the government has tried to resolve this problem is by launching various loan schemes. This has helped thousands of students from low-income families who had no way to pay for their college education. One of these loans is the student loan scheme. The Federal Government of Pakistan has launched it.
This scheme aims to provide interest-free loans to meritorious students with financial constraints for pursuing their studies in scientific, technical, and professional fields.
If you want to know about the scheme and you want to apply, you should read this article. This will help you to know more about the scheme. You will learn about the eligibility criteria, how you can apply for the scheme, and how you can avail of the loan. If you want to avail the loan, you should first decide if you qualify. You should be able to prove that you do not have the means to pay for your studies.
The loan scheme is administered by the National Bank of Pakistan.
Also, read.. SBP Enables Remote Bank Account Opening For Freelancers
Students Loan Scheme – Details of Eligibility
Criteria of the Scheme ELIGIBILITY
- • Under the scheme the students are eligible to apply for loans provided:
- i) He/She has obtained admission on merit through normal course/procedure in
- the approved Universities/Colleges of the public sector mentioned hereunder.
- ii) He/She falls at the time of admission within the age bracket of:-
- For Graduation Not exceeding 21 Years
- For Post-Graduation Not exceeding 31 Years
- For Ph.D. Not exceeding 36 Years
- iii) He/She has secured 70% marks in the last public examination.
- iv) He/She has undertaken the study of the subjects given below.
- v) He/She is unable to pursue studies due to financial constraints.
TYPES OF LOAN
The loan facility will be available for the entire duration of the study for:-
- ➢ Schedule Fee
- Paid directly to the
- ➢ Boarding expenses excluding meal charges University/College
- ➢ Procurement of textbooks — Disbursed directly to the student
The maximum period of repayment of a loan is 10-Years from the date of disbursement of first
installment. The borrower shall repay the loan in monthly installments after six months from
the date of first employment or one year from the date of completion of studies, whichever is earlier.
- i) Engineering ii) Electronics
- iii) Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology iv) Agriculture
- v) Medicine vi) Physics
- vii) Chemistry viii) Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
- ix) Mathematics x) Other Natural Sciences
- xi) DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence
- (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)
- xii) Computer Science/Information
- System and Technology including hardware.
- xiii) Economics, Statistics and Econometrics xiv) Business Management Sciences
- xv) Commerce
➢ Application Forms are available from the designated branches
mentioned above or may be downloaded from the National Bank of Pakistan
- ➢ Students are advised to submit (2) two sets of Student Loan Applications Form.
- ➢ The students desirous of availing of the loan under the Scheme may apply on
the prescribed form for financial assistance subject to he or she has got
admission on merit through the normal procedure in the Universities/ Colleges aforementioned.
- ➢ Applicants are required to submit/send their applications on the prescribed
form, duly completed in all respect, to the designated branches, indicated
against each University/College by the given date. Incomplete application
shall not be entertained.
- ➢ Students who have availed of this facility in the last/previous year(s) need not apply.
NBP Student Loan Scheme 2022 Registration Last Date
ONLY SUCH APPLICATION RECEIVED BY THE DESIGNATED BRANCHES ON OR BEFORE 29TH JULY 2022 SHALL BE ENTERTAINED. LOAN FACILITY IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS